How To Fix Dents & Scratches on Car
Minor accidents happen daily in Black Mountain and your car might end up with a dent or some scratches. If that does happen, you are probably wondering how to fix a dent in a car or how to fix scratches on your car. The friendly and knowledgeable service team at Hyundai of Asheville is here to tell you what you can do at home to fix these dents and scratches. Keep on reading to find out!
How To Fix A Dent In A Car?
A dent in your can definitely take away from the overall look of your Hendersonville ride. Try these DIY methods to fix the dent in your car:
- Plunger: You can use a plunger from your bathroom or a car dent plunger. A plunger can help you pop the dent out by getting it to balance out with the rest of the car. Try using it multiple times to fix the dent in your car.
- Hammer or Mallet: If you have a hammer or mallet handy, you can put force on the opposite side of the dented area to knock the spot back into place. If you are wondering how to fix a small dent in a car, you can use the hammer. Save the mallet for larger dents. Always protect the side you are hammering with a microfiber towel to avoid more damage.
- Dent Puller: If you have used a dent puller before, you can use this method. You’ll need to drill a hole in the dent, put the wire through the hole, and then pull the dent back to surface level. Afterward, fill the hole, sand it down, and paint for finishing touches. Voila! You fixed the dent in your car.
How To Fix Scratches On A Car?
Notice some small scratches on your car that you think you can remove at home? Try the following methods to fix scratches on your car:
- Candle Wax: If you need a temporary solution and don’t have the time to take your Weaverville ride to a dealership, carefully rub candle wax over the cleaned area to seal the minor scratch.
- Super Glue: Don’t have candle wax handy? Perhaps you have super glue. This will work like the candle wax to seal and fix the scratch temporarily.
- Paint Polish or Rubbing Compound: Remove the scratches on your car patiently and slowly since you cannot reverse what you have done if you overdo it. Start with a light polish with a less abrasive foam pad. Only use higher-grit polishes or compounds if the scratches are still there. If polishing doesn’t fix the scratches on your car, then try wet-sanding.
- Wet Sandpaper: Clean the area and then rub shallow surface scratches with 2000-grit wet sandpaper. When the scratch is almost invisible, use a rubbing compound, then finer and finer polishes, and finally, a wax or paint sealant for protection.
- Touch-Up Paint: How to fix the deep scratches on your vehicle? Add touch-up paint, which is usually available at service centers like the one at Hyundai of Asheville.
Rely on Hyundai of Asheville For Any Dents & Scratches
Whether you are worried about creating more damage to your vehicle or the dents and scratches need more than DIY methods to fix, come to our Asheville location and our service team can take care of it for you! Schedule a service appointment today to get started. Reach out to us if you have any questions.
More from Hyundai of Asheville
If you are on the hunt for an SUV with durable performance and premium features without a hefty price tag, then you’ll definitely need to keep your eyes peeled for the 2022 Hyundai Tucson. With a starting Hyundai Tucson MSRP of just $25,800, you can take home a brand new vehicle that will keep…
You’ve found the efficient, future-forward sedan that you absolutely adore and you can’t wait to drive it around in Black Mountain. Why not show off your newfound love in a shade that screams you? There’s a variety of new Hyundai Elantra interior and exterior colors that you can choose from, so there is a combo…
Whether you commute a lot on a daily basis and want to save some money or you want to cut down on your gas station trips, the new Hyundai Kona is the fuel-efficient ride for you. In the base engine of the 2022 lineup, you can already enjoy impressive specs: 30 City/35 Highway MPG*….